Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec. 5, 2014

Well it hasn't exactly been daily sketches, but here is one for today. It is my impression of the weather that we've been having here in Sacramento. Rainy, cloudy, with the trees full of colored leaves that are being knocked down by the rain and sometimes winds. I did this in Photoshop.
We need the rain, so I can't complain, but both my sisters are here and we are trying to do things between the bouts of rain. They flew in Thursday night, late, for the marathon this Sunday. Just one of them is running and the weather is supposed to be good on Sunday. She has been running this race every year for awhile now. I usually support her by showing up along the course to cheer her on. 

Mom is okay, but she has fallen twice within the last two weeks. The first time was just before Thanksgiving. She fell out of bed and hit her temple on the night stand. Her face is still swollen. She fell again on Thursday while doing dishes at the sink. Luckily I was sitting near by. She must have lost her balance and fell on her hip. She said that it didn't hurt, but it looked like a abstract impressionist painting, I told her. After getting her to bed, I slathered the area with arnica and gave her an ice pack. My other sister will be with her at home during the race on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment