Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec. 11, 2014

One of my sisters, while she was here this last weekend, had a dream of giant horses, with legs that were trees. They towered over her, but they ran up  and down the hills at the speed of the wind! (I think that she was thinking partly of Tulip that does love to run up and down the hills behind her home in Paso Robles.)
I loved the idea of that image that she described, so I had to try doing it. I spent Tuesday night after choir practice researching images of horses that might lend themselves to the idea of horses with tree legs. I found that the  Percheron horses are already large and stocky but are beautiful when they run, so I used them as a model for the horses in my picture. 
This was not exactly a quick sketch as it took me all day to do this image. I used Photoshop again. My sister, Fay is also in the picture. I used her to show scale. Can you find her?



No comments:

Post a Comment