Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec. 13, 2014

When I drew the picture of Fay's dream about the horses with legs like the trees, She said that I misunderstood her. She said that she just saw horses in the trees that she didn't notice right away. Of course I had to draw it as an excuse to draw horses. They are one of my favorite subjects to draw. I used to draw them in grade school for $.25 apiece for my class mates. I had one of those "Walter Foster" how to draw books on how to draw horses. As every young girl, I loved horses, but as the oldest child of a large family, I never got one. 

I tried to recreate Fay's dream in Photoshop. Because it was a dream, I decided to make it more dream-like. The emphasis is on the horses, not the trees or background. I choose theAkhal Teke horse because they are sleek, thin, like the grove of trees that deer might be standing in. The Akhal-Teke are a horse breed from Turkmenistan, where they are a national emblem. They have a reputation for speed and endurance, intelligence, and a distinctive metallic sheen. The shiny coat of palominos and buckskins led to their nickname "Golden Horses", I thought appropriate for this scene. “Golden horses in a grove of trees.”


No comments:

Post a Comment