Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec. 12, 2014

Noel had asked me to do a drawing of her son, Chris, who had passed away a couple of years ago, doing what he loved most, motocross. Chris's son, Lars, is Chris's legacy and the shinning star of the family. I took a couple of pictures that Noel had of Chris and Lars to  compose this image in Photoshop. Originally, I had drawn Chris and Lars in similar caps and sunglasses, but I wasn't happy with the drawing that I had done of Chris, so I didn't include it in the composition. I just wasn't working for me.

Just decided to draw Chris doing a somersault on skis and Lars in his oversize sunglasses and hat in the foreground. The colors and snow theme, I thought, works for this time of year.

Maybe I'll use Chris's image in another composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment