Monday, February 2, 2015

January 20, 2015

1-20-15

My apologies for not getting out a sketch yesterday. I spent all day trying to figure out what was wrong with my drawing programs. None of them would work, even though they would open. It turns out that I had to increase the cache in the open GL to ge able to render and it looks like there were some bugs that got implanted into the program temp files.

This is what I wanted to play with, one of the photos that I took with my sister as the sun was setting in Paso Robles. There were still some good looking clouds and we wanted to see what kind of images that we could get as the setting sun painted the sky.

In this sketch, I wanted to concentrate on rendering the clouds. I seem to have more success with painting them with oils on canvas. I can move and glaze the paint to get the effect that I want. With digital painting, I guess that I don't quite have the hang of the tools to get the effect that I want. I could have used pre-made brushes to help the effects, but I wanted to see what I could do with just drawing everything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment