Monday, February 2, 2015

January 18, 2015



1-18-15

Mom and I got to watch a couple of wonderful movies this weekend. One of them is a little movie that I had never heard about, except for a little mention at the Golden Globes. It is called "The Hundred Foot Journey", about an Indian family who had lost their family restaurant and matriarch to a riotous fire. They wander Europe in an old car to find a new place to reestablish their business, but their car breaks down near a little town in France. This is a wonderful story about love, passion and food. I was inspired to cook something Indian.

When my husband and I were in England, we stumbled onto a little Indian restaurant in, of all things, Sherwood Forest. It was, by far, the best food that we had eaten during our three month stay in all of England and we didn't even know what we were eating! We just asked them to make us their best dishes.

Besides curry, the only other food that I do know that I love is Nan flat bread and Matar Paneer, or peas and a type of fresh cheese, like a compact cottage cheese that doesn't melt.

Here is a recipe for it and a little drawing of matar paneer.

http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-matar-paneer-100464

And how to make paneer:

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-paneer-cheese-in-30-minutes-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-57008


No comments:

Post a Comment