Wednesday, January 14, 2015

December 30, 2014

12-30-14
I've been sitting here all day at my computer drawing scales on that dragon. Slow and tedious as it is, I am happy with the way it is coming out. When I draw the lines, it seems that it doesn't look like much, but when I put in the details, I sometimes feel like a magician! We artist create illusions. We make the viewer think that they are looking at an image that seems like it has texture, dimension, movement, depth or people and things, but in fact, it's just shapes, color, lines and in this case, just electronic pixels on a two-dimensional surface! I often wonder if God did this, played around with shapes and color. There are such a variety of creatures and flora, that it seems that it seems that way in all of the plants and animals present and extinct. I'm not say'n that I'm God-like, but sometimes it sure feels like I'm creating things. Maybe it is the hand of God that is guiding me! 

Not to get all theological, but as I took a break from drawing scales, I was inspired to draw the scene out the window. It has been very cold here, colder than Sacramento, according to my phone apps, and it rained a little too! I thought to just do something simple, but got caught up a little with some of the details in the land and sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment