Monday, November 17, 2014

Nov. 13, 2014
I'm still working in Painter, trying to figure out how to use it and what it can do. 

I found a photo that I took of mom earlier this year at an old train depot on the outskirts of one of the towns along Highway 49. It may have been Sutter Creek. It was late in the day and out of season. This is a park that has a railroad museum and an old steam trains that take tourists along the tracks about four miles out and back again. The engineers and conductors wear old time clothing, to keep the illusion alive. 

There were a few men, volunteers who love trains, still around, wrapping things up at the end of the day. They were nice enough to answer my trivial questions about the trains. Mom, wanting to go back to the car, walked ahead of me as I loitered behind her talking photos. 


This sketch took longer than I expected. I could have worked on it more, but I tried to find ways to work faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment