Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 5, 2015

4-5-15
hope that you had a wonderful Easter! We were at the Paso house, Fay and Kory's lovely home, where our other sister joined us and another sister and her husband from Colorado were there as well for bar-b-que with the neighbors on Friday and personal pizza on the patio on Saturday. So I apologize for not getting anything out to you on the daily sketch until now. I did start another drawing, but didn't have time to finish it. 

Vivian reminded me that these should be faster, sketches, not hours long marathons as the "sketches" had begun to be. This sketch is a quick one, just a half hour. This is a quick sketch of owl clover, Castilleja exsertarelated to the indian paintbrush. It is the host plant to the Bay checkerspot butterfly (Euphydryas editha bayensis). Fay and I were taking photos of wild flowers this morning before we had to leave. I'm not sure if it is the same butterfly, but we did see lots of similar butterflies and skippers flitting among the field of these flowers. (I've included one of the photos that I took of our photo shoot and the field of owl clover field.


No comments:

Post a Comment