Saturday, March 7, 2015

February 13, 2015

2-13-15
I had to get a blood test, a fasting lab for my new doctor. He wants to see where my hemoglobin levels are and figure our why it went awry. The medical building is next to a walking trail that had expanded since I had been on it a couple of years ago. More medical buildings had been built and the paved trail runs along Elk Grove Creek. 

It was a beautiful morning for a walk and other people were walking on it too, I took tulip with me. I was surprised at the diversity of vegetation which was nice because they are all wild, native plants and not part of a landscaper's design. There were mallard ducks, a very large white egret, and flocks of canadian geese. It looked as though some of the geese were nesting. I saw pairs of geese in the grass a little distance away from the trail, the male standing, the female sitting. These geese are monogamous, and most couples stay together all of their lives. How fitting for the day before Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment