Monday, October 29, 2012

My favorite holiday is Halloween, so I like to make my own e card to send out to all of my friends and relatives. This year the inspiration was a pack of printed papers that my sister gave me to make cards. The images were fun, but I didn't want to cut up the images to make cards. I figured that I could just draw a spooky scene and characters. It took me a week to draw it in Illustrator. I wanted it to be an all vector image so that I could take it into Flash and animate it. It is just a very simple animation, but it did the job. I had thought, after the fact, that it might have been fun to do a little story with it. I wish that I had thought about it earlier. Oh, well maybe next year and there is Christmas to create something for.
Have you got some Halloween stories that might work with this silly haunted house scene?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for the e-card, Lyla! :) Content-wise, I would imagine that it's a house full of spirits and/or monsters having a party... but no humans are allowed! Maybe a kid might sneak in and pretend to be one of them.

    Anyway, definitely! Halloween is a fun holiday, especially with friends. I really want to dress up, but I've been so busy with homework that I just didn't have time to get one together. Do you dress up for the holiday as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought that it would be interesting to have this haunted house the object of some little trick-or-treaters’ curiosity. Of course the house would be dark and abandoned looking at first. The gate in the front is locked, but with a gap in the link just wide enough to let the little trick-or-treaters to slide in. They are scared, but tease each other to walk up to the house and ring to door bell. Of course after ringing the door bell is when the skeleton answers the door and all of the spirits come out to play!
    I put out some lighted jack-o-lanterns, some lights in our little tree in the front, some orange and yellow flowers and some fog effects. Not enough to scare the little ones but enough to make it fun. I just wore a cheap witch hat and black clothes, but no costume. I used to go all out with full sized ghouls, dragons and full Elvira costume, but I gave my son must of my props when I moved.
    This year we had the most amounts of trick-or-treaters ever! We went through ten bags of candy before running out just before eight ‘o clock! I had to take in all of the decorations and turn off the lights early.

    ReplyDelete